The present church appears to date from the 14th century and was originally cruciform in plan. It once served as a chapel to the adjacent manor house, which survives as a ruin, and is documented in 1301. In the north aisle are three effigies, reputed to be Sir John Dinham (Lord of the manor) and his wives. The south aisle and tower were built in the 15th century and the north aisle in the late 15th or early 16th century, together with the north porch. There were a number of restorations in the 19th century.
There is a good deal of graffiti around the north doorway and that of the north porch, and on the stone benches. This includes crosses, names/initials and probable Marian type marks (typically a lone letter W or M). There are further marks on the tower doorway and a small number on the south doorway.
Inside the church there is much graffiti on the stone effigies and some on piers of the north aisle, including a face. There is modern graffiti, mainly names and initials, on the benches.
A number of dated 18th and 19th century shoe outlines were cut out and saved when the tower roof was re-leaded, and these are displayed in the church. Such outlines are fairly common, although the Kingskerswell examples include an outline of a foot with toes, which we have not seen anywhere else so far.