St Michael and All Angels is mostly late 15th century, an enlarging of an earlier building (of which the chancel is a likely remnant), and reworked in 1846. The church comprises chancel, nave, north aisle, south transept, west tower and vestry. The elaborate embattled porch and the large projecting tower stair turret are unusual features.
The exterior SW porch buttress has a hand and forearm graffito with the date 1708. Local tradition has it that brides place their hand against this to improve fecundity! There are initials and other letters on the porch doorway.
Inside the church the earliest surviving graffiti may be that in the tower and includes probable Marian marks (commonly a lone W or V V), a possible Christogram, and other interesting but unidentified marks. There are early 20th century names (possibly of bell ringers) in the bell chamber and a few 19th/20th century names on the roof.
A repeat inscription on one of the aisle piers is also interesting. These were made by the same person, (or commemorating the same person, J.G. Benfield), in successive years between 1847 and 1850.